This is a lab guide for students in SENG 466, “Software for Mechatronics and Embedded Systems,” and its graduate equivalent listing CSC 578C at the University of Victoria. Below are links to things of varying importance that are worth at least skimming if not reading. This is a work in progress, I haven’t added everything yet and never will.
I will go into varying levels of detail, depending on what I guess students already know. Sometimes I will skip some information or make mistakes (shocking!). If I’m not clear enough, or if what I tell you doesn’t work, or if you need help with anything, go ahead and email me. My email address is written on the board in the lab. I’ve tried to bold the most important stuff.
- Software environment
- Arduino hardware
- Microcontroller programming in C
- How to solder without pissing everyone off
- 3D Printing
- Time-Triggered Scheduling
- Embedded Memory Management
- How to use the radio.
- Radio code for Arduino (make sure you download the Arduino branch with the .cpp files in it).
- Using the USB Gamepad
- Another radio library for Arduino
- Glossary of Terms
- AVR C Library Reference